Connect a Squarespace Form to MailChimp
- Before you can connect a Squarespace Form to your MailChimp account, you must create a new, blank, MailChimp List.
- Login to your MailChimp account and create a New List with a distinctive name, such as "VIP Mailing List". Just click on "Lists" near the upper-left of the window.
- The click the [Create List] button that appears in the top-right of the next page. Complete MailChimp instructions for creating a New List are here: http://kb.mailchimp.com/lists/growth/create-a-new-list
- If you want to customize the Confirmation and Thank You emails your new subscribers receive, such as including a link to their free gift, you will need to customize that List's "Signup Forms" (this link is located at the top of your list).
- Once the List is defined, you can create a Form Block on the Squarespace page. Here's the Squarespace instructions: http://help.squarespace.com/guides/using-the-form-block
- To connect to MailChimp, click on the "Storage" button near the upper-right corner of the Form Block. Here's detailed Squarespace instructions to connect to MailChimp: http://help.squarespace.com/guides/managing-form-block-storage
- If you're building a Funnel Page using the Squarespace "Cover Page" template, the pre-built Form (under Action) has the same Storage feature. You can tell if your Page is based on a "Cover Page" by the icon to the right (a rectangle with a diagonal line through it).
I made a video-walkthrough for Creating a Funnel Page and Connecting to MailChimp which you may also find helpful.